The rumors about Canon EOS 5Ds and 5Ds R successor is coming, according to CR, Canon EOS 5Ds R Mark II will have a brand new 60.1MP full frame CMOS sensor, and will be able to shoot 4K video. The Mark II version will be amalgamated into one DSLR camera. And rumored release date will be in Q3 or Q4 of 2018, likely announced after EOS 7D Mark III and 90D.
Below are rumored specs of Canon EOS 5Ds R Mark II:
- Working prototypes are currently being tested.
- The “5DS” series will be amalgamated into a single camera.
- No low pass filter.
- All new 60.1mp image sensor.
- A new type of low megapixel mode.
- 4K video (video is not a big part of the cameras design).
- Identical body to the EOS 5D Mark IV.
- Focus peaking present, may appear first on another DSLR.
- Expect all the other features such as DPAF, Wifi, Touchscreen and GPS.