Canon EOS M50 II Features & Specs:
Despite being an entry model, it is possible to shoot high-quality still images and videos.
- Equipped with a video engine DIGIC 8 and APS-C size, a CMOS sensor with approximately 24.1 million pixels, you can easily enjoy shooting high-quality still images and movies.
- Achieves high-definition 4K video recording. Equipped with a “4K frame cutout” function that saves any one frame as a JPEG image of approximately 8.3 million pixels (3840 x 2160).
- Equipped with a “digital lens optimizer” that corrects lens aberrations, etc., and can be applied during shooting. High-quality shooting is possible by correcting optical aberrations caused by shooting lenses, etc., without going through the PC software “Digital Photo Professional”.
Comfortable portrait photography with high-speed, high-precision AF performance
- By installing “Dual Pixel CMOS AF” in which each pixel functions as both imaging and phase-difference AF, high-speed continuous shooting of up to about 7.4 frames / sec with AF tracking and up to about 10 frames / sec with AF fixed is possible.
- The high-speed image processing of the video engine DIGIC 8 enables quick focusing with phase-difference AF and smooth focus tracking for moving subjects. When the corresponding interchangeable lens is attached, a distance measurement area of about 88% (horizontal) x about 100% (vertical) of the screen is realized. When AF area is automatically selected, high-speed and high-precision focusing is achieved in a range-finding area with a maximum of 143 divisions.
- “Eye detection” that detects the pupil of the subject and focuses on it can now be used during servo AF / video servo AF, making it possible to comfortably capture facial expressions of moving people.
- Compared to the conventional model “EOS Kiss M”, the performance of “pupil detection” has been improved, and it is possible to detect the pupil not only in the composition of the bust shot but also in the composition that shows the whole body of the subject.
- By improving the display speed of the AF frame, the AF frame follows the movement of the subject smoothly. In addition, the visibility is improved by displaying only the pupil surrounded by an AF frame.
- Equipped with “Spot 1-point AF” that focuses on an AF frame that is even smaller than “1-point AF”. It can also be used during servo AF, allowing you to focus on small moving subjects.
Comfortable operability that is familiar to camera beginners
- Equipped with a vari-angle LCD monitor that can shoot from various angles. It also supports touch operations, ensuring high practicality such as operability and freedom of shooting angle when shooting still images and movies using a monitor.
- Built-in high-definition EVF with a field of view of approximately 100% that uses an organic EL panel with approximately 2.36 million dots. Ensures high resolution up to the periphery.
- Equipped with the first “tap subject selection” function for Canon interchangeable lens cameras. You can easily switch the position of the AF frame for the face / eyes displayed in the EVF by tapping the LCD monitor.
Communication performance that supports comfortable shooting
- Supports Wi-Fi / Bluetooth (R) connection to mobile terminals such as smartphones. By setting the pairing first, you can automatically connect with Bluetooth when using the camera and smartphone.
- Equipped with an image transfer function from the camera to “image.canon”. It is possible to transfer still images and videos to the cloud platform “image.canon” via Wi-Fi without worrying about the capacity. Transferred still images are sent to “Google Photos” and “Adobe Creative Cloud” via “image.canon”. Can be transferred to (Membership Plan).
- Compatible with the automatic image transmission application “Image Transfer Utility 2” to a PC. Still images and videos can be automatically sent to the paired and running PC. Furthermore, by registering in “image.canon”, images sent to a PC can be automatically transferred to the cloud.
Video performance that expands the enjoyment
- By using the “Add vertical location information” function, even videos shot in the vertical position by the camera can be automatically played back in the vertical position on a smartphone or PC * 1. Smooth video posting to SNS such as Instagram and YouTube is possible.
- If the disclosure range and events are set in advance from a smartphone or PC, live distribution on YouTube is possible with just the camera itself, without preparing a distribution unit, simply by connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Supports high frame rate video recording in HD / 120p. A momentary event can be played back slowly and smoothly.
Canon Speedlite EL-1 Flash:
Stabilization of light emission amount and improvement of continuous light emission performance
- By adopting a newly developed highly durable xenon tube, it suppresses variations in the amount of light emitted and realizes stable light emission.
- Equipped with a newly developed active cooling system that uses a blower fan and glass panel. By circulating air inside the strobe, the temperature rise of the heat spot is suppressed. Heat resistance is improved by combining with a highly durable xenon tube, and the number of continuous light emission is about 160 times.
Minimal emission of 1/8192
- By adopting a newly developed xenon tube and improving the accuracy of light emission control, stable minute light emission of at least 1/8192 is realized during manual light emission.
- The setting range for manual flash has been expanded from 1/128 to 1/8192, expanding the range of use for high-sensitivity shooting. It is possible to create new shooting expressions in scenes that require delicate light, such as when taking a portrait shot against a starry sky with ultra-high sensitivity using a handheld strobe.
Comfortable strobe shooting with the adoption of a new lithium-ion battery
- By adopting a large-capacity lithium-ion battery LP-EL capable of discharging a large current and designing a new charging circuit, high-speed charging with a charging time of approximately 0.1 to 0.9 seconds is achieved from light emission to completion of strobe charging. Speedlite EL-1 alone enables faster charging than when using the combination of “Speedlite 600EX II RT” and the compact battery pack “CP-E4N” with an external power supply.
- Achieves 1/1 light emission of about 335 times when fully charged. It can also be used for mass shooting over a long period of time. By using it in combination with the compact battery pack “CP-E4N”, it can emit about 680 times when it emits 1/1 light.
- For the first time as a Canon external strobe, it supports battery level display. The timing of battery replacement is easy to understand, and battery replacement can be performed efficiently.
- Adopts the same battery charger “LC-E6” as cameras such as “EOS R5”.
Full basic performance and excellent operability
- Achieves a large amount of light emission with a maximum guide number of approximately 60. In addition, the strobe light irradiation angle corresponds to the focal length of the lens, 24-200 mm. By using the built-in wide panel, it also supports the shooting angle of view of an ultra-wide-angle lens with a focal length of 14 mm. In addition, the upward bounce angle has been increased from the conventional 90 ° to 120 °.
- Adopts a dust-proof and drip-proof structure while being equipped with an active cooling system that suppresses temperature rise. Airtightness is maintained by sealing the mating surfaces of the exterior parts. Packing and rubber material are used for the battery compartment lid and terminal cover, and the mounting legs are equipped with a “dust-proof / drip-proof adapter”. Invasion is suppressed.
- Wireless strobe photography via radio wave communication and optical communication is possible. Supports both sender and receiver functions. It is possible to produce a variety of light with an off-camera by arranging the strobe and the camera at distant positions for shooting. -Radio communication The rear curtain can be synchronized during wireless shooting.
- By installing a modeling lamp with two-color LED, lighting is possible while imagining the color and direction of light before shooting.
- Equipped with “FE memory” that allows you to continue shooting with the amount of light emitted by automatic dimming when the light emission mode is switched from E-TTL automatic light control to manual light emission.
- Intuitive operability is realized by adopting a joystick.
- The bounce adapter diffuses the strobe light to suppress the shadow of the subject and achieve a more natural depiction.
- By attaching a color filter, you can change the white balance of both the subject and the background.
- By assigning “strobe function settings” to the camera buttons in the “button customization” of the camera, you can change the strobe settings from the camera and shoot efficiently.