The Canon EOS R5S will be the replacement of current EOS 5DS & 5DS R. According to latest rumors, the EOS R5S is expected to be announced in the Q1 of 2021. And below are rumored specs of Canon EOS R5S:
- Approximately 90mp sensor
- “Pixel-shift like feature” to add resolution (Perhaps like Fujifilm’s feature in the GFX 100?). Total resolution “north of 300mp”.
- Nearly identical body design as the Canon EOS R5.
- Video features are “NOT a focus” of the Canon EOS R5S.
- Image stabilization will be a “slightly different version” than the current RF mount cameras.
- Pricing will be “similar” to the Canon EOS R5.
- Announcement scheduled for Q1 of 2021 (All announcements are still a moving target for obvious reasons.)