According to recently talk on CR, Canon will be also release their first high-end mirrorless camera in Q4 of 2018 as Nikon. The source didn’t said if this new mirrorless camera will be full frame, but Canon users likely won’t be ok with another APS-C mirrorless camera.
According to recently sales from Canon, EOS M system have grown 70% over the past year. It seems Canon may do more on their mirrorless system cameras. The source said that there will no rumors of high-end mirrorless lenses, maybe Canon full frame mirrorless cameras will use same EF-mount lenses as DSLR cameras.
Take a look at rumored specs list of Canon full frame mirrorless camera:
- The goal is to announce a full frame mirrorless camera for Photokina 2018 which takes place in September of that year.
- EF mount will be native
- New exclusive image sensor for the camera.
- New sensor technology required for the EF mount in a mirrorless application
- There will be no new “dedicated” lenses, but mirrorless will be “considered in all future EF lens design”
- 4K video is considered a necessary feature in all full frame cameras going forward
- One full frame mirrorless camera body to start
- There is testing at Canon of a more hybrid approach between DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras. What that looks like we don’t know.