dpreview interviewed the Canon senior engineers at CP+ 2019 in late February. They talked about new EOS R full frame mirrorless cameras and RF lenses. Below are highlights of this interview:
- New RF mount opens up whole new possibilities in lens design and expand the boundary of image capture.
- New RF mount has become a really big contribution to designing this really compact telephoto zoom lens RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens.
- The fact of DS technology is that it’s a coating technology, so it’s relatively easy to apply this technology to a range of different lenses.
- The best match would be the 35mm F1.8 and we believe the 24-240mm lens that we announced will be a good companion to the EOS RP body.
- Canon is working on a lot of really compact RF lenses in the future.
- Canon is working on a lot of different types of cameras.
- Canon is working on a combination of optical and body stabilization, working together to give enhanced IS (Also called All Optical IS)
- Canon is serious about this mount, serious about this system.
- Please don’t forget the pro-level EOS R camera that you’re expecting is on the way.
Read full interview at dpreview.