Yesterday, we heard that first Canon full frame mirrorless camera will be named Canon EOS R, and likely to be announced on September 5th, next week. Now according to CR, Canon is rumored to announced a new lens called Canon RF 24-70mm f/2 lens along with the new EOS R full frame mirrorless camera.
The Canon RF 24-70mm f/2 lens will be a very large lens, and have new lens design, and price also very expensive. Below are updated rumored of first Canon full frame mirrorless camera EOS R:
- Camera name: Canon EOS R
- RF Mount (New mount, possible EF compatibility ?)
- New RF 24-70mm f/2 lens also to be announced.
- Similar ergonomics to the EOS M50
- Slightly larger body than the EOS M50
- Only one SD card slot, similar as Nikon Z6 & Z7
- Will compete with the Sony a7 III & Nikon Z6
- Price around $2,000
- 24mp or 28mp full frame mirrorless sensor (Two different reports)
- Announcement on September 5, 2018
Follow Canon EOS R on Facebook: