Panasonic has officially announced previous rumored S1 (24MP) & S1R (47MP) full frame mirrorless cameras today. Both featured with 4K60p, Dual IS, Dual Card Slots. All these great features that EOS R hasn’t, maybe in the next version ?
Below are top features:
- Capabilities with high definition and high level of expression achieved with the newly-developed 35 mm full-frame image sensor and image processing engine.
(Effective pixels: approximately 47M for the S1R and 24M for the S1)
- World’s first*1 support for 4K 60p video recording in a full-frame Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera.
- World’s first*1 full-frame camera equipped with Dual I.S. (Image Stabilization), enabling handheld shots for dark or distant scenes that would previously have required a tripod or other equipment.
- A double slot for XQD memory cards and SD memory cards, the first for Panasonic; and a rugged triaxial tilt LCD, emphasizing ease of use and supporting professional photography and videography.
- Leica Camera’s L-Mount, making it possible to use interchangeable lenses that meet the L-Mount specifications of the partners*4 Leica Camera and Sigma. Expressiveness is further enhanced by increasing options for interchangeable lenses.
Release date for both S1 & S1R will be in early 2019. You can take a look at full press release here.