Along with Canon PowerShot SX730 HS compact camera, Canon today also announced the new EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens for Canon APS-C DSLR cameras. The US price for this lens is $349.00, now available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H Photo Video, Adorama, this lens will be shipping on June 10, 2017.
EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM lens uses Canon’s ‘Hybrid’ IS system, with up to four stops of shake reduction. Canon says that the lead-screw-type STM motor allows for quiet AF operation, which is ideal for video capture. The lens has seven rounded aperture blades as well as a glass-molded aspherical element.
- EF-S Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 56mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- One Glass-Molded Aspherical Element
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- Hybrid IS Image Stabilization
- Built-In Macro Lite LED
- Maximum Magnification: 1:1
- Minimum Focus Distance: 5.1″
- Rounded Seven-Blade Diaphragm