Techradar has a chance to interview with Canon’s Product Marketing Specialist David Parry, talking about the upcoming Canon EOS R5. Below are some highlights about this interview:
- Canon EOS R5 is more of a DSLR sort of look than EOS R mirrorless camera.
- Canon EOS R5 will have a joystick instead of EOS R’s multi-function bar, because more people are used to the multi-controller.
- Canon EOS R5 is a mirrorless 5-series, it’s aimed at that segment of the market, but not the successor of EOS 5D Mark IV, maybe there will be still a 5D Mark V in near future.
- Canon EOS R5 is a well-rounded product in the sense that it’s full-frame, it’s got a high frame-rate (20fps and 12fps), it’s got amazing video capability with the 8K. So it’s going to be an incredibly powerful product.
- To handle heat issues when shooting 8K video, Canon used a lot of technology, for example, being able to move components around, and being able to have them further away from each other.
- Canon EOS R5’s animal AF can work with dogs, cats and birds.
- Canon EOS R5 is pretty robust as other Canon EOS cameras.
- David Parry said Canon EOS R5 will be on the market as soon as possible.