IRIX has officially announced the new 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 Lens today, the Canon EF mount costs $595, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video. The release date will be on December 26th, 2018
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- Neutrino Coating
- 1:1 Magnification, 1.1′ Minimum Focus
- Manual Focus Design with Focus Lock
- Depth of Field and Focus Distance Scales
- Dragonfly Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
Optimized for close-up shooting, the Canon EF-mount 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 from Irix is a medium telephoto prime featuring a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification and a 1.1′ minimum focusing distance for photographing nearby subjects. A bright f/2.8 maximum aperture enables working in a variety of lighting conditions and also offers greater control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. The 12 element, nine group optical design features a Neutrino coating, which helps to suppress lens flare and ghosting in order to achieve higher contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
Complementing the optical assets is a robust physical construction, dubbed Dragonfly, which incorporates extensive weather sealing to guard against dust and moisture. This manual focus lens also features printed focus distance and depth of field scales to benefit fast and accurate focusing, and a rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality. Additionally, the included tripod collar has an Arca-type compatible foot for seamless compatibility with a variety of tripod heads.
- Medium telephoto prime is designed for Canon EF-mount cameras, however is also suitable for APS-C models where it will provide a 240mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.1′ to suit working with close-up subjects.
- A Neutrino coating has been applied to limit lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by a positive focus lock mechanism to secure your focus position at any point to limit unwanted shifting of focus.
- Depth of field scale benefits using hyperfocal and pre-focus techniques.
- Included tripod collar features an Arca-type compatible foot for greater tripod head compatibility.
- Dragonfly finish incorporates weather sealing to guard against dust and moisture.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.