According to recently rumors on CR, the upcoming Canon EOS 5DS/5DS R Mark II will not see a big bump in resolution. The Canon EOS 5DS/R Mark II will be announced in the second half of 2018, likely at Photokina 2018.
According to CR, we’d not expect more than a 20% increase in resolution for this upcoming Canon EOS 5DS R Mark II.
- Working prototypes are currently being tested.
- The “5DS” series will be amalgamated into a single camera.
- No low pass filter.
- All new 60.1mp image sensor.
- A new type of low megapixel mode.
- 4K video (video is not a big part of the cameras design).
- Identical body to the EOS 5D Mark IV.
- Focus peaking present, may appear first on another DSLR.
- Expect all the other features such as DPAF, Wifi, Touchscreen and GPS.