Tokina has officially announced the new atx-i 100mm f/2.8 FF Macro Lens for Canon EF mount, the US price for this lens is $429, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama. The release date for this lens is on December 6th, 2019.
- This short-telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 160mm equivalent focal length.
- True macro design affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with an 11.8″ minimum focusing distance to suit photographing close-up subjects.
- Flat-field optical design helps to greatly reduce field curvature in order to realize consistent, edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination throughout the aperture and focusing ranges.
- Multi-layered coating helps to alleviate lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus system offers fast, precise focusing capabilities and a One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism avails quick switching between autofocus and manual focus settings by either pushing or pulling the focus ring. When set to manual, focus response is especially smooth and benefitted by hard stops at the ends of the focusing range.
- Focus range limiter switch can lock the focusing range to a macro range for faster close-up focusing and to avoid unnecessary AF hunting.
- Extending lens barrel does not rotate in order to retain the ability to work with polarizing and graduated filter types.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.