- Normal-length 50mm f/1.4 lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for isolating subject matter and working with selective focus techniques.
- Ring-shaped ultrasonic motor delivers quick, quiet autofocus performance that suits both stills and video applications.
- Electric diaphragm mechanism is used for stable, consistent exposure results and benefits working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Weather-sealed construction enables working with the lens in trying environmental conditions.