This is August version of “What to Expect Next from Canon ?“. After the announcement of EOS R5 (B&H/Adorama/Amazon), EOS R6 (B&H/Adorama/Amazon), and new RF lenses, here are some updated rumors about upcoming Canon cameras & lenses coming in 2020 to 2021, see the details below:
Already confirmed, to be announced in the second half of 2020:
- Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens
- Canon Cinema EOS R300 (Name not Confirmed, to be announced in late August, see rumored specs)
- Canon Cinema EOS R200 (Name not Confirmed, to be announced after EOS R300, see rumored specs)
- Canon XF505
- Canon XC20
- Canon EOS M7 (Name not Confirmed, the flagship EOS M APS-C mirrorless camera, see rumored specs.)
- Canon EOS M50 Mark II
Already confirmed, to be announced in 2020 to 2021:
- Canon RF 18-45mm IS STM
- Canon RF 24mm Macro IS
- Canon RF 100-400mm IS USM
Rumored cameras to be announced in 2020 to 2021:
- Canon EOS R5S/EOS R3: A high-megapixel full frame mirrorless camera to replace current EOS 5DS/5DS R. Compared to EOS R5, EOS R5S will have few video features. Coming in late 2020 to early 2021.
- Flagship Canon EOS M APS-C mirrorless camera: Coming in late 2020 to early 2021.
- Canon EOS RP Mark II: Replacement for current EOS RP.
- Canon EOS R Pro (EOS R1): Pro / High-end Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless camera, Canon engineering execs said they are working on this model, but will take time when everything right in the body.
- Canon EOS R Mark II (Replacement of Canon EOS R)
- Canon EOS 5D Mark V: Canon will announce this DSLR camera if there is a market for it.
- New EF-M mirrorless lens: At least one coming in 2020